Sharing Your Files – How to Make a Link from Google Drive to Blackboard
Once your files are stored on Google Drive and permissions are set as you wish – you may now share them on websites, in email, or as items in Blackboard.
Check out Tracey Powers’, from Central Arizona College, video guide to this process, or follow the steps below.
To begin this process, you will need a sharable link. Here’s how to do that!
- Point your browser to Truman’s GSuite home page and enter the Drive.
- Locate and then click the file you want to share.
- Right-click and choose Get sharable link.
- Open the file –> locate and click the Share button at the top right of the page, –> click Get shareable link.
- Make sure the permissions are still set as you wish
- Click Copy Link and prepare to paste the link in the tool via which you want to share it.
Next, you’ll log into Blackboard and enter the course in which you want to share the link. You may want to create a whole content area for videos on you course menu, or you may want to just make individual links in weekly content.
- Log into Blackboard and enter the desired course
- Make sure edit mode is On
- Choose a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder, and select Build Content to access the sub-menu; select Web Link
- Complete the on-screen form, pasting the link you copied from Google Drive in the previous steps.