In light of the recent direction regarding COVID-19, we are compiling some helpful resources and creating tutorials to help you teach from a distance.
Important guidance and information from the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost in collaboration with the Learning Technologies Team, Library Staff and the APDC.
Five Research-Informed Principles for Switching to Online Learning from the Teaching Systems Lab at MIT.
Blackboard – Top 5 Tips
- Make a Course Available
- Make an Announcement
- Create a Content Item
- Build a Discussion Forum
- Create a Graded Assignment
- Overview / Getting Started (video)
- Requesting an Account
- Using Zoom to record instructional material
- Using Zoom for lecture capture
- Classrooms and Conference Rooms which are Zoom-ready
- Advanced Zoom User Tools
Where Do I Go for More In-Depth Help?
- LTT Team Appointments Available via Zoom, Phone, or Email.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- Institute for Academic Outreach – Model Syllabus, Online Course Approval Forms, Register for Quality Matters Training, and more.
Refer to the Institute intranet site
- Academic Professional Development Support & Resources
Refer to the APD intranet site
- MOREnet Live/Web-based workshops
Topics include Zoom, Google Classroom, and more
Schedules updated daily
Remote Instruction Tips – Collected from QM, UPCEA, WCET staffers
Links to Helpful Resources – Collected from QM, UPCEA, WCET staffers