Panopto to Zoom Migration
Truman has recently begun a Panopto-to-Zoom migration project. Panopto is currently Truman’s solution for lecture capture and eLearning content production. Zoom is Truman’s videoconferencing solution. In addition to videoconferencing, Zoom also has many features for recording and other eLearning content production tasks. In an effort to consolodate services and support, we are ending our Panopto contract at the end of the Fall 2019 semester and will leverage Zoom for all these tasks moving forward.
We wanted to make faculty aware of this switch with plenty of time for you to learn about all the capabilities of Zoom, to download any existing Panopto recordings which you would like to keep, and to make plans for your content production and course recording needs moving forward. The Learning Technologies Team and the IT Building Support Specialists stand ready to assist you during this transition over the course of summer 2019 and fall 2019.
Please check back often as this page will be frequently updated with new and additional information as documentation is developed.
Things to Know –
- Can I still use Panopto now?
- Yes, you may continue to use Panopto as normal through the end of Fall Semester 2019.
- Can I start using Zoom now?
- You can currently request a Zoom Pro account by contacting email@example.com
- You can use Zoom to host videoconferences, online office hours, do screencast recordings, record in a classroom set up for lecture capture, and more
- Zoom is now integrated into Blackboard similarly to the way Panopto is integrated.
- Can I share Zoom recordings in Blackboard?
- You can!
- You may choose to do so “manually” by sharing a link.
- Alternatively, you can use the Zoom tool inside Blackboard to provide “automatic” listing of “meetings” (course sessions in this usage) and recordings.
- You can!
- Where can I learn more about Zoom?
- Check out our Zoom information page
- Will all my Panopto content be available in the new Zoom system?
- No. Existing Panopto videos will not be automatically transferred to the new Zoom system. Panopto users are encouraged to review their Panopto videos and download any favorites they wish to reuse.
- When do I lose access to my Panopto recordings on the Panopto server?
- February 1, 2020
- How do I access all my Panopto recordings now?
- Login (via Blackboard option) with your Truman username and password
- How do I download the Panopto recordings I want to save and reuse?
- What if I have more questions?
- Keep watching your email this fall for additional updates
- Reach out to the Learning Technologies Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out this page for updates