There are zillions of software titles, apps, suites, tools, and packages that purport to make whatever you are doing easier and better. Truman ITS is tasked with making sure that faculty, staff, and students have access to the most widely used applications, and that specialty applications are purchased and installed in a way that ensures that the software functions as intended without causing problems on the computer designated for your use or the Truman network iteself and that licensing pitfalls are avoided. To that end, we have a variety of policies and lists to help you locate the tools best suited to your needs.
- Current list – Software installed in Truman General Academic Labs
- Truman’s Virtual Image – http://view.truman.edu
- Truman’s Open Multimedia Lab – resources and software
- Specialty Software – availability/licensing/support levels at a glance
- Truman’s policy on installing free or paid specialty software
Note: This policy applies to any software (free or paid) installed on a University system, or signed-up for using a truman.edu email address.
- Truman’s request form to purchase specialty software