Blackboard for Faculty at Truman
Most Asked Questions
- How do I make my Blackboard course available to students?
- How do I create a content item?
- How do I build a discussion forum?
- How do I create a graded assignment?
- How do I use Blackboard for assessments, especially if I don’t want multiple choice-type exams?
- How do I copy content from one class to another within Blackboard?
- Is there a Tech Tips for Students statement I can include in my Blackboard course?
- How do I set up Blackboard’s Gradebook?
- How do I customize the look and layout of my Blackboard course?
- How do I set up Blackboard to work with Proctorio?
- How do I use Zoom within Blackboard?
- How do I use Zoom to pre-record instructional content?
- How do I request a Blackboard Non-Banner Course Shell?
- How do I add Teaching Assistants, Course Builders, and Co-Instructors to my class in Blackboard?
- Qwickly Attendance – Coming to Blackboard Fall 2020!
Additional On-Demand Help
See BlackboardTV on YouTube – a complete library of self-help video tutorials, guides, overviews and tips for both instructors and students. Note: Our campus utilizes Bb Learn, not Ultra.
See the Blackboard 9.1 Quick Reference Guide.
Blackboard System Administrator, Sherry Dare, can address technical, functionality, and gradebook questions. Request help or a training session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 660-785-4026
Learning Technology Team members can address instructional design, course layout, and tools use questions. Request help or a training session by emailing email@example.com or by calling 660-785-7750
Academic Professional Development – Director, Dana Vazzana, can address how to incorporate Blackboard into your overall teaching strategy, she can discuss how to make the gradebook work better for you, and address other pedagogy questions. Reach out to her by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (660) 785-4392
IT Service Center/Help Desk – Have general questions or not sure who to ask? Call 660-785-4544. The IT Service Center/Help Desk will direct your request to the right person/team.
You can now access Blackboard on your tablet or smart phone with expanded functionality! (note: Truman has specially licensed the mobile app, so there is no charge for this product.)