is a web conferencing tool that provides a platform to conduct live online conferences, presentations, lectures, meetings and group chats. All Truman faculty and staff are eligible for Zoom Pro accounts. Truman students have access to Zoom with a provided link when they take a class. Faculty can use Zoom in their Blackboard courses to schedule conferences with students and hold online office hours. Faculty can use the Zoom to record the lecture and provide recorded lecture in the format of video with closed captions, audio or transcription to students. Zoom works on desktop or laptop computers (Windows and Mac), mobile device (iOS and Android), and can connect to anyone internal or external to Truman State University community.
Schedule a meeting
- Log into your Blackboard, locate the course folder, and then find the Tools button
- Click on Tools, you will find Zoom Meeting button at the end of the webpage
- Click on Zoom meeting button, you will see Schedule a New Meeting button, and click on it
- The topic box, please name each recording session of your course properly
- Among all the Meeting Options, the suggested options include Enable waiting room, Record the meeting automatically, In the Cloud; and then Click on the Save button. The new meeting is scheduled and will be automatically recorded for review or Closed Caption or auto transcription purposes. You can stop or pause the recording any time during the meeting. Note – you will need to notify your interviewees that the meetings will be recorded and you need to proofread and revise the auto transcription.
Once you have scheduled the meeting, the students who are enrolled in the class will have the meeting schedule when they click on Zoom link on Blackboard. You may want to send an announcement to notify students about the coming meeting schedule. If you will want to invite other participants to the meetings, the most basic way is to use the “Copy URL” option in the meeting details and paste that link into meeting invitations that you compose in your email application. For all other options of inviting the meeting participants, review the following tutorial, Sending Invitations Tutorial.
Join and Attend a Zoom Meeting
- Under the Upcoming Meetings tab, the information of scheduled upcoming meetings is listed. Provide Meeting ID to your teaching assistant or Course builder for their access to the meeting
- Students in that class will have the information of the scheduled meetings under the Upcoming Meetings tab as well. They can join the scheduled meeting before the meeting starts and they do not have to have a Zoom account
- Participants can join a meeting from their phone, desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
- Multiple students can attend one conference session at the same time, up to 100 participants by default in every meeting. With a Basic/Free, Pro, or other paid account (that’s the vast majority of you out there), the meeting organizer can have up to 100 video participants (including the host) in any of the meetings.
- The participants have two-way video, audio, and collaboration features.
Where is the new recording hosted?
- Under the tab of Cloud Recordings
- Students who take this course will have access to those Cloud recordings
- You are suggested to send an announcement to notify the recording ready for access