Here are a few things you should do as you begin this course:
- Locate the Syllabus link on the course menu (at the left of each Blackboard page). Download the syllabus and print it or store it somewhere you can access even when the internet is unavailable. This way you will always have access to the course activities for each week (module).
- Course dates are listed on the syllabus with each module.
- Locate the Faculty Information link on the course menu. You may want to record this somewhere outside the course in case you need to contact your faculty member and Blackboard is not accessible.
- Click on the Coffee Shop link on the course menu and post an introduction. Let people know a little bit about yourself and include a photo if you like. This will help build connections with your classmates and give you a place to ask questions.
- Finally, check the Truman Resources link on the course menu to see what is available. If you have suggestions for other resources to add to the page, please let your faculty member know.
Once these tasks are completed, click on the Module 1 link on the course menu to access your first week’s course materials.