Truman State University Partnership Provides
Campus-wide Online Training
Truman State University has recently partnered with Hoonuit (formerly known as Atomic Learning), award-winning provider of online technology training and support. Through this partnership, Truman is able to provide learning opportunities that make it easy for learners of all ages to embrace technology and develop critical skills for success at school, at work, and in life.
Research shows 3 out of 4 students feel their institution is not using the technology it has effectively.(1) Students’ style of learning is different today especially in regard to technology. Instructors not only need to understand how to use technology in their teaching, they need to understand how to help students use technology to help guide their own learning.
Truman is dedicated to bringing technology training to all learners on campus through this partnership. With Hoonuit (pronounced “who knew it”), schools can provide instructors, staff, and students 24/7 access to technology training resources. Featuring a guided, step-by-step path through online workshops on topics from APA and MLA to blogging and online discussions, Hoonuit provides valuable educational resources as well as just-in-time training and support on over 215 applications. Hoonuit’s online resources simplify campus technology training and support.
(1) ECAR study of students and information technology in higher education.
Founded in 2000 by a group of technology educators, Hoonuit serves over 16 million individuals in more than 45 countries worldwide Online and on-demand, Hoonuit’s award-winning resources for technology integration and support, student training, and 21st century professional development create flexible training opportunities that make it easy for learners of all ages to embrace technology. Visit Hoonuit online at www.hoonuit.com.
Hoonuit is an online technology training and professional development tool for educators. As easy as it is to use, you may still have some questions about specific functions within the system. This tutorial series will help answer those questions.
A. Use the Site
- Understanding the user interface
- Searching the Hoonuit training library
- Checking your application’s version
- Setting your preferences
- Viewing and printing your own reports
- Viewing Certificates of Completion
- Accounting for additional time in Certificates of Completion
- Changing your password
- Understanding e-mail notifications
B. Movie Playback Window
C. Features of a Training Page
- Navigating through a training series or project
- Assigning training to yourself
- Generating HTML using the Easy Links feature
D. My Training
- Overview of the My Training section
- Viewing Assigned Training
- Viewing Assessments
- Viewing Recommended Training
- Using the My Training section with a shared log-in
F. Tech Integration Projects