Blackboard Upgrade Scheduled over Winter Break
ITS is scheduled to upgrade the Blackboard Learn course management system during Winter Break. We will upgrade to the Blackboard 9.1 April 2014 release. This update brings new and improved features that produce a more effective workflow for instructors. The following is an overview of changes:
Detailed Blackboard enhancement descriptions can be found by clicking on the description name or the link after each description.
- Student Preview: Instructors/Teaching Assistants/Course Builders can now see their course just as the students do. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Instructor/130_Student_Performance/Student_Preview
- SafeAssign Integration: SafeAssign is now integrated with the Assignment tool in Bb Learn. This reduces the amount of management the instructor needs to do when grading SafeAssignments. Instructors will now only need to visit the Grade Center to grade SafeAssignments and they will have access to the Inline Grading feature. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Instructor/100_Assignments/025_Use_SafeAssign
- SafeAssign Originality Reports: The reports from SafeAssign still contain all information to plagerism checking. The format has been redesigned. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Instructor/100_Assignments/025_Use_SafeAssign/010_SafeAssign_Originality_Reports
- Grade Center Improvements: There are new options when grading tests and assignments. Instructors using the Grade Schema can now make an A 100% or higher. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_SP_14/Instructor/010_Whats_New/000_SP_14_New_Features/Grade_Center_Improvements
- Assessment Significant Figures: You can select the number of decimal points or figures for answers generated by Blackboard Learn. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Instructor/110_Tests_Surveys_Pools/100_Question_Types/Calculated_Formula_Questions
- Anonymous Grading: Eliminate any bias toward students by grading assignments anonymously. You can hide student’s names while grading. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Instructor/100_Assignments/050_Grade_Assignments/010_Anonymous_Grading
- Delegated Grading: If there are multiple instructors or teaching assistants, you can delegate who grades what assignments, or if a specific person grades everything for a set of specific students. http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Instructor/100_Assignments/050_Grade_Assignments/020_Delegated_Grading
Accessing the Blackboard 9.1 Test Environment
A new Blackboard test system is now available for all faculty and staff for testing and reviewing Blackboard functionality. This new test environment will allow users the opportunity to have a test area for experimenting with new functionality without impacting/disrupting their real courses and the students in those courses.
To access the test environment please go to: http://bb-test2.truman.edu
You will use your existing Blackboard username and password to access the test system. Please note it is each user’s responsibility to be sure to use the test environment for testing activities and the production environment for real, live activities for your Blackboard classes. These are two separate systems and each is independent of the other. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please send your input email@example.com
Blackboard Upgrade Plan
Beginning December 4, faculty are encouraged to preview the changes in the test environment.
If any significant issues come to light during the faculty review of the new version, we will not upgrade during the December break. Please send any questions, issues or concerns you might have to: firstname.lastname@example.org